AS Evaluation: Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Hardware

Without my laptop or any computer, it wouldn't have been possible to construct any sort of media product and that's because the computer had the necessary tools and programs to construct the various elements of our final product. therefore we was able to edit footage, produce titles and upload everything to blogger and Youtube because with the computer and laptop we was able to access the internet, which we also used to research everything behind the production of a professional film.


1)Nikon L810 Bridge Camera
We used a camera to record all of the footage needed to film our product. now although we had experience with camera from previous work, in the filming of 'Kosto' we experimented with exposure and white balance to get a darker scene which meant we required less post production editing.

2)Sandisk Extreme 16GB SD Card
This was used within the camera to store all of our footage and is a class 10 card that stores data quickly and securely so we didn't have to worry about the possibility of our data wiping. 

3)Ear Phones
I used my Sony earphone whilst in post-production to help cancel out outside noise whilst listening to the film to get a better sound balancing and accuracy why timing the song to the video. 

4)Memory Stick
This was used to transfer the video over to my team members computer and to receive the feedback videos off of our teachers camera onto our computers

5)Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
I used my phone to contact my team member on the day of filming but also outside of school to see what he thought of any ideas for the film as he is the producer. this was vital as it was important to be in the right place to film but it was also important to work as a team inside the school and outside.
My phone was also used to take the location shots as it was easily accessible rather than carrying my camera around with me.

6)Micro USB Cable
This was used to link and transfer data from my camera and phone onto my laptop in order to edit our film.

7)SD Card Adapter
I used my SD card adapter to transfer data from my camera's SD card securely and quickly onto my laptop in order to edit our film.

Software/Websites

From Top Left:
1)Adobe After Effects
As the editor of our film 'Kosto' I was determined to create professional looking titles and motion graphics particularly the production and distribution logos at the start. Adobe After Effects was utilised for our 'Flare' and 'Klemo Entertainment' motion graphics. the program was very new to me but however I had a few years experience with other adobe software like 'Photoshop' and 'Illustrator' so became familiar with the software pretty quick. Although the animation is basic, I feel the simplicity of the 'Klemo Entertainment' look helps create a professional vibe from it.

2)Sony Vegas Pro 13
Sony Vegas Pro 13 is my main non-linear editing software and was a highly integral part of my film opening construction and served as a platform to edit and render our film. It allowed me to superimpose titles over the top of video and the wide range of text settings allowed us to create professional titles in the film opening. On of the first times i have used Vegas pro to add in green screen effects was on the editing of our short film 'Kosto' were i superimposed a muzzle flash onto the end of a gun. I managed to create this with the help of tutorials from Youtube and learnt how to chroma key a green screen to basically remove the green background. To be able to see the final result after learning how to create something like that is super awesome.
i also used Vegas pro to add the filters on top of the videos and added the cinematic bars in post-production to create a professional look and feel to our film.

3)Youtube
I used YouTube often throughout the construction of our film. I used it initially to watch some film openings from both major films to indie and A Level media films to get research on titles, editing and story development. I later used it for software and editing tutorials to better my skills in after effects and Vegas pro.
Youtube was later used as a media platform to upload our feedback, evaluation question 3 and 7 and our short film opening 'Kosto' as it is free and is uploaded in high definition if the video is rendered correctly. Watch it > Here <

4)Blogger
Blogger was an important platform in the construction of our short film as it allowed us to store all our work there as well as tasks that we needed to do.
It was an ideal platform as all of our work that we have uploaded was accessible to my team member Liam and any other students to see as well as our teacher so he could track our progress. Blogger allowed me to keep track of my work and laying out my blog for easy access was super easy for me and others to see/find  any post when needed, as all they had to do was search for a label according to what type of post they needed.
The site itself is very easy to use with many features to utilise and take full advantage of, we was able to create a simple yet professional blog for all our media work.

5)Photoshop
We used Photoshop throughout the construction of our short film as it allowed us to create the storyboards part 1 & 2 which helped us visualise the film before we even laid our hands on a camera. and helped me created my evaluation 4 question poster, but most importantly it helped us try out and test new or different title and logo ideas. We used Photoshop to create the logo for 'Klemo Entertainment'.
By using Photoshop on the construction of our short film i was able to improve my skills within the 'Motion'  sector of Photoshop, which before the film i had never even known existed. The Motion section of Photoshop allows you to create simple animations and i used it to try out new title and logo ideas.

6)Google (Internet)
Google was beneficial throughout the research, planning and construction of our film. Google allowed me to access a wide variety of websites, like YouTube or blogger, which all contributed to the making of our film as well.